The following University policy will apply for this program:
Applicants will require the following:
- be established researchers and be of international standing in their respective field on the basis of their ongoing record of academic work, and for whom admission to the PhD program is inappropriate;
- have a portfolio of high quality publications that meet the following criteria:
- the applicant is either sole author or primary author;
- have been subjected to peer review and published in quality outlets of international standard;
- do not incorporate work that has previously been submitted for the award of a degree;
- may be presented as an integrated theme.
- be researchers in areas of strategic importance to the University and be consonant with the academic aims and objectives of the Element to which admission is sought;
- the Element is able to provide the necessary resources and supervision expertise;
- an applicant who has already been awarded a doctoral level qualification will not be admitted to candidature;
- an applicant who is pursuing, or who has previously pursued within the previous five years, a higher degree research or equivalent program will normally not be admitted to candidature.